The steam engine monument erected near the Valga railway station in 1998 celebrates the 110th anniversary of the Pihkva-Valga-Riga rail connection. Engine SU 251-98 was built in the Sormovo Shipyard in 1949. The engine weighs 87 tons and its output is 12 tons of steam per hour.
This memorial, which is dedicated to the freedom fighters of southern Estonia, represents the figure of an unknown soldier. The design of the memorial was made in 1925 by Amandus Adamson. Original was destroyed on 1940. The new memorial was inaugurated on 2013 in the original location
The church was built in 1907. Lithuanian and Polish railway workers were actively involved in building work. The church operated until 1940 and from 1945 was used as a warehouse and later as a gym. The church does not have a tower as the imperial government of Russia refused to give permission to build one
One of the most important battles of the War of Independence took place near the Paju Manor on 31 January 1919. The Northern Sons Regiment that consisted of Finnish volunteers also fought for the independence of Estonia over here. The most legendary commander in the War of Independence, Lieutenant Julius Kuperjanov, was fatally injured in the battle. The battle memorial is a granite pillar on a three-level pyramid, which was reopened on the 75th anniversary of the battle on 30 January 1994.