In Valkas cemetary from 1941. – 1944. were burried 367 soldiers of German army. Burial is placed in the three fields.
On 28th of March, Year 1949, 1152 people were deported from Lugažu station on 28 March 1949, of which approximately 650 were residents of Valka. At the terminal station in Asino Tomsk County, Russia, the scaelon arrived on 10 April. The memorial stone symbolizes the hearts of the divided Latvian families. It was set on 25th of March, year 1992.
This monument is as a chance to give back to people who in 1917 in Valka, while risking their lives, led by ‘ideals’ and in imposible situation, built the base for independent Latvia.
The memorial stone was established in 1922. Sculptor Emils Melders-Millers’ monumental work is titled “Warrior of Ancient Latvia”. It is the first memorial honouring the memory of those who fell in the Latvian War of Independence.
The memorial is dedicated to the soviet army Soldiers of the World War II. At the granite plaque is written down 414 names of the fallen soldiers.
The memorial stone in Cimzes cemetery was placed in 1887 at Cimze’s grave by his students and admirers. The Latvian, Estonian and German text says that “it is dedicated to the teacher of teachers” by a “thanksful Vidzeme”. For Cimze’s birth centenary a bas-relief portrait of Cimze was added to the memorial stone.
Kārlis Ulmanis was the first Prime ministre of Latvia. On November 15th, 1918 Kārlis Ulmanis, leader of the Agrarian Union, initiative council meeting, where decides that after 3 days on November 18th, 1918 in Riga, there shall be a public act – Latvian national declaration of independence. Today You can take a Picture next to the oak, which was planted in the same square park by Kārlis Ulmanis.
Near to the open air stage, in the top on Avota hill are in the travertine cuted Sculpture “Zither Player”, which was mounted in honour General Latvian song and dance festival centenary. This place is popular for people who do like leisure activities.
A memorial stone for communist terror victims is located in Valkas railway station and it was revealed in 14 of June in 1996. A memorial place was created in 14 of june in 1990.
“Ielīcas” is a farmstead that was built somwhere between 18th and 19th century. The layout of the buildings is the yard system, typical of northern Vidzeme. This building is a state protected cultural heritage monument, which its revival has begun in 2006. Popular Latvian movie ”Pūt, vējiņi” was shot there.